11am or 6pm
Free cancellation 24h in advance
Small group (13)
11am or 6pm
Free cancellation 24h in advance
small group (12)
Our three-hour tour “Tapas and Wine Tour Experience in Barcelona” is designed for real foodies. You will have the chance to visit three different neighborhoods as you discover the best tapas and local products, paired with the traditional alcoholic drinks from Catalonia and Spain.
You will get to know 4 authentic restaurants you would never have discovered on your own, each of which with a different atmosphere and new flavors to offer in family-run businesses.
Our friendly and energetic local tour guides will give you a historical insight into the different places that you visit, and plenty of explanations on the origins and the traditions behind each bite and sip.
Are you ready for the experience?
- Experience the Gothic Quarter and the old town on a 3-hour guided, small-group tapas tour.
- Learn about Barcelona and Catalonia history, culture, cuisine, and local food scene.
- Taste a great amount of tapas and drinks in 4 different authentic places.
- Make friends with the rest of your group with the help of your local guide.
- Get recommendations for the rest of your stay in Barcelona by your tour guide.
These culinary delights are a fundamental part of Spanish gastronomic culture and are very popular in the city. Tapas can include a variety of dishes, such as “patatas bravas”, “tortilla de patatas”, “gambas”, “anchoas”, “calamares a la romana”, and “pulpo a la gallega”, among others.
Tapas are not a complete meal, but rather a snack, a small portion of anything that is usually served with a drink. Eating tapas is much more than eating, it represents a lifestyle, it is a social activity, a way to bring people together to chat, laugh and enjoy the variety of local dishes.
“Tapear” is to take a route through the bars and have a drink with a tapa each time. In Barcelona, “ir de tapas”, unlike in Madrid, is more about going to a bar or tavern that we like and eating and drinking whatever we want. unlike in Madrid, is more about going to a bar or tavern that we like and eating and drinking as much as we want.
Any time is a good time for tapas tasting. Some people usually go to eat tapas between 17h and 20h, before dinner. However, many people go for tapas at noon, before lunch, especially on weekends or vacations.
Some of the most famous tapas in Barcelona are:
- Boquerones en vinagre – fresh anchovies marinated in vinegar, garlic and parsley.
- Croquetas – enjoy this delicacy in its different variations: with ham, chicken, cod or spinach.
- Calamares – one of the most typical tapas in Barcelona, especially for the love of seafood. Enjoy the exquisite fried calamari, served with a slice of lemon.
- Patatas bravas – the potatoes are served in small cubes and with two different sauces, aioli and spicy tomato sauce.
- Tortilla de patatas – the Spanish omelette contains eggs, potatoes and usually onion, your mouth will be watering with this delicacy.
- Olivas – perfect for snacking, it is unthinkable to order tapas and not olives.
- Quesos y embutidos ibéricos- discover the selection of cured meats, hams and cheeses.
- Bomba – One of the most popular tapas in Barcelona is a fried potato croquette filled with minced meat and topped with the two classic patatas bravas sauces: alioli and also the bravas sauce itself.
- Anchoas – are one of Barcelona’s most popular tapas among the locals. Anchovies in Spain traditionally come from the northern Cantabrian coast, or from the Mediterranean coast north of Barcelona.
∨ Full meal with tapas tasting and regional wine pairings at four different bars
∨ Informed, friendly and foodie local guide
∨ Walking tour through the old city
∨ Stop at 4 emblematic restaurants (food & drinks in each stop)
∨ Small group tour to ensure a more intimate experience with your guide
Χ pick-up and drop-off
Some typical tapas that you can taste in Barcelona:
Pan con Tomate: The quintessential Catalan tapa. White bread rubbed with tomato and drizzled in oil and salt. A perfect accompaniment to the rest of your tapas.
Patatas Bravas: The fried potatoes of Spain. Small fried cubes of potato served with two sauces – alioli (a garlic mayonnaise) and a spicy tomato sauce.
Chipirones: I have never seen these fried squid outside of Spain. They are small and you will get a plate full of them.
Anchovies: These anchovies are not normally the very salty type you may be used to. They are served in vinegar with parsley and garlic. Delicious.
Russian Salad: Not the healthiest of salads. It is a heavy dish composed of potatoes, peas, hard boiled eggs and other vegetables, covered with mayonnaise.
Croquettes: Croquettes are often made with ham, fish, chicken or spinach. They are made of a kind of béchamel sauce, breaded and fried.
All accompanied by a good beer, one of the great Spanish wines or your favorite soft drink.
Going out for “tapas in Barcelona” is a great gastronomic and fun experience that you will surely come back to repeat during your stay in Barcelona.
Having a vermouth in Barcelona or going for tapas is not just eating, it is a good time of conversation among friends while enjoying the different flavors of each tapa in a bar with lots of people eating and enjoying a terrace if the weather is good.
- The tour is in English.
- You can choose between the 11 am tour and the 6 pm tour.
- Please make sure you are on the meeting point 10 minutes before for the check-in.
- Once in the meeting point, please inform your guide about any allergies or food restrictions that you may have.
- Cancellation is free if communicated 24 hours before the tour.
Is this tour adapted to vegetarians and to restricted diets? Yes, you just need to inform your guide in the meeting point
Is it possible to get a private tour for just me and my friends or family? Yes, you just need to contact us and we will make that possible.
Does the tour include long-distance walking? No, it includes a maximum of a ten-minute walk between one place and the other.
Is this tour adapted to wheelchairs? Yes.
Does the tour include food and drinks? Yes, it includes enough food and drinks for a full meal.
How many people are there going to be in the group? Our groups are a maximum of 12 people.
Does the guide speak good English? Yes, even if our tour guides are all locals, they speak very fluent English, and they won’t have any problem understanding you.
Do we finish at the meeting point? No, but the guide will always be happy to give you the indications to go back to the meeting point or to your hotel.
WOULD YOU LIKE A PRIVATE TOUR IN BARCELONA?
Send us a message in case you would like to book an exclusive private tour for you and your friends or family. We will be happy to adapt to your needs!